About - Testimonials
Testimonials from Former and Current Students
Testimonials from Former and Current Students
"The coursebooks are excellent; feedback is really quick and very detailed. Very welcoming environment and the food is lovely!"FE Student - May 2019 (CCRS Maryvale)
"Having both lecturers together helped me gain a good basis and understanding to begin the assignment on Church history."FE Student - May 2019 (CCRS Maryvale)
"Good discussion about the assignment. Helpful to go back over assignment I was stuck on. I like that we were given time in the afternoon for our own study."FE Student - May 2019 (CCRS Maryvale)
"The topic covered was an area I am especially interested in. The resources are very informative. The afternoon session, where we discussed specific modules, was very useful."FE Student - May 2019 (CCRS Maryvale)
"[I appreciate the] reassurance from the Course director re. essays and her positivity is excellent. Great to know we can email the FE director any time if we are struggling. All questions we had were answered. Study days are important to gain support from both the lecturer and other students."FE Student - April 2019 (MCC Galway)
"This course has helped me to develop my relationship with Jesus more deeply and to realise the beauty of our faith. The world hungers for love, manifested in Christ and this course facilitates me to love Jesus more and more and hopefully echo His love to others. Now in 2nd year finding it a bit easier and it’s all becoming clearer now. I understand church teaching more now and have fallen in love with mother Church."FE Student - April 2019 (MCC Galway)
"I always find the teaching style so positive and informative. Thank you to the tutor for your help and support; you and your team have made the course enjoyable and do-able. I’m delighted to be completing the course (the Holy Spirit has been working overtime!) I can’t think of any questions I’ve had that haven't been successfully solved with available tools/information/help."FE Student - April 2019 (MCC Galway)
"Thank you. I have thoroughly enjoyed this course and learned so much. I feel better equipped to explain and defend my beliefs, with a renewed commitment to the Church and her teaching. Sacred scripture and the church Liturgy have come alive for me. The crucifix is now a symbol of God’s love rather than a symbol of punishment (a huge shift!) I’m comfortable calling Jesus “Christ” now that I understand the importance of the title. That’s growth (and there’s so much more!)."FE Student - April 2019 (MCC Galway)
"The instructors were reassuring. It was like a breath of fresh air to hear from the teachers/admin @ Maryvale. Thankful that lecturers make time out to come out so far to meet the students."FE Student - November 2018 (MCC Singapore)
"Very upbeat and positive session, warm and welcoming. Incredibly informative. I feel confident going forward now into the studying and essays. It was good to also have the input of the tutors."FE Student - October 2018 (MCC Portsmouth)
"Thorough explanation of content. Inspiring content and visuals. Personal experiences shared by facilitator and members of group. Mass."FE Student - October 2018 (MCC Portsmouth)
"The tutor’s enthusiasm and total belief in the Maryvale courses, and equipping us to study, I feel very motivated."FE Student - October 2018 (MCC Portsmouth)
"Presenters are very positive, energetic, audible voice and able to deliver the message clearly. Presenters gave ample assurance and encouragement for the written work."FE Student - October 2018 (MCC Portsmouth)
"The sessions were very interesting... The day was worth it. The Holy Mass, meal and free time are very wonderful & helpful."FE Student - October 2018 (CCHC Maryvale)
"I feel I have a good understanding of what is expected of me and I have been provided with really good course material to guide me. We have had guidance from our tutor and I feel I can ask for advice"FE Student - October 2018 (CCRS Maryvale)
"The presentation was very interesting – helped to understand the Old Testament/breakdown – which I previously felt overwhelming..."FE Student - September 2018 (MCC Galway)
"Presentation clear and reassuring. Flexibility of working deadlines suits. Meeting other students. Resources inspiring eg prayer slides, Artwork/music at beginnings."FE Student - September 2018 (MCC Maryvale)
"[I appreciated] the way Marie broke down the course so easy for us to understand. The welcome was very nice. The Mass helped us (me) to be in communion with myself. Carry on the good work!"FE Student - September 2018 (MCC Maryvale)
"Very informative, covered what is required; additional support; study at your own pace; nice to meet other students."FE Student - September 2018 (MCC Maryvale)
"The opportunity to meet new people and have some very interesting discussion and thoughtful sharing. Very happy that the number of assignments has been reduced, as that will benefit me while working full time."FE Student - September 2018 (MCC Maryvale)
"Today was a great day , very positive, ... I want to finish this course so I can help out in my parish."FE Student - September 2018 (MCC Ardagh)
"Today was a very positive day. Marie encouraged everybody to give feedback to the class on how people were feeling. This was very helpful as people felt that they were not alone. Ready to start 2nd year enthusiastic and ready...Thank you Marie for being a ‘candle’ in the dark."FE Student - September 2018 (MCC Ardagh)
"[I enjoyed the] open discussion [at the study day] and willingness of everyone to participate..."FE Student - September 2018 (CPMM, Glasgow)
"[I'm enthused by] the common goal of fellow parishioners to take part in nurturing and sharing our faith within our parish. I have the intention to use the webinars and Moodle."FE Student - September 2018 (CPMM, Glasgow)
"[There was] a good mixture of topical discussion on current issues, plus module–related slides."FE Student - September 2018 (CPMM, Glasgow)
"[I] found it [the study day] very encouraging – renewed determination. Thank you very much indeed. Talk was very relaxed and easy to follow. The most relaxed I have felt since starting the course."FE Student - September 2018 (CPMM, Glasgow)
Reflections from the September 2018 MA Year 1 Residential
MA in Catholic Applied Theology Students - September 2018
- "Enjoyed the interactive nature of the discussion. Very enjoyable weekend."
- "Excellent lectures and peer interaction."
- "[I] found especially positive [the] Study Skills session. Dr Tracy was superb."
- "Lectures very good. The session with Dr Tracy Cattell was very beneficial and also the guidance on dissertation questions."
- "A good overview of the stages of a research project: starting point & refinement; reasons for doing i.e. personal and professional; coming up with a hypothesis and the resources to serve this - helped me to realise that my (primary) sources need to have authority; how chronological approach wasn’t going to work, another approach would have to be taken - good to be reminded that methods may need rethinking. Good to hear how the definitive questions to be addressed came about.."
- "[I] found especially positive the stimulation received; the buzz; [I was] bowled over by the expertise of lecturers - the crème de la crème surely! Sharing our stories/experiences with fellow students; meals with students and staff, the 'easygoingness', friendliness."
- "A joy to listen to Cyril [Chilson], so knowledgeable, so immersed in the tradition he describes. Also found [Professor] John [Loughlin]’s insights and personal perspective fascinating. Both excellent speakers."
- "Always great to listen to such knowledgeable lecturers and tutors."
- "Great sense of community, as always."
"Listening to the tutor – she reinforces my faith and belief system – so seldom do you hear people speaking with authority. Good to hear where others are at and how they have been coping with the work. ... I like the way with each module the course is opening up and developing in a clear structured way."FE Student - August 2018 (CPMM, Paisley)
"Very good course and would like to see the course rolled out to others."FE Student - August 2018 (CPMM, Paisley)
"Good to catch up with fellow students. Good to hear how everyone progressing with course and sharing information. I am enjoying the course. Webinars and study days are very beneficial"FE Student - August 2018 (CPMM, Paisley)
"The friendliness and openness of the students in their sharing of the course work and their external experiences and visions to take the faith further in their parishes in the future."FE Student - August 2018 (CPMM, Paisley)
"[I] enjoyed all aspects. Small group worked well for good interaction and sharing of ideas. Very supportive and food for thought day."FE Student - August 2018 (CPMM, Paisley)
"[I most enjoyed] communicating with everyone; hearing all everyone’ thoughts and ideas. ... I think that it is excellent that from this course we may find ourselves doing worthwhile work in the diocese and parish."FE Student - August 2018 (CPMM, Paisley)
"I have found the views and insights of others very useful and interesting. It has re-focused me on the reasons why I have started this course."FE Student - August 2018 (CPMM, Paisley)
"I think most of the points I had have been addressed during the day, which has been very helpful, especially regarding the format of the module. I find the module one format easy to study in the way it was broken down and summarised at the end of each chapter."FE Student - August 2018 (CPMM, Paisley)
What were the best aspects of the BDiv programme?
- "The comprehensive nature of the degree has given me a solid overview of the Catholic faith and strengthened me in my own spiritual development."
- "Its rich comprehensive presentation of the Church’s teaching – learning scripture, tradition, magisterial teaching, along with the tools and skills needed for a sound transmission of the Faith – the course has been an invaluable opportunity to truly learn what the Church teaches!"
- "Contact with lecturers whom you would not normally meet and getting their views on various aspects of theology."
- "The way, order, methodology of the module coursebooks and order of learning. The synthesis of learning really worked."
- "Meeting other students who provide support."
- "Lecturers' input and course materials."
- "The excellent hospitality and peace."
- "Time for prayer together and social time."
- "I feel truly welcomed by all (parts of the Maryvale family)."
How will you use your Degree in the future?
- "My priest would like me to help with baptism by speaking with families and for funerals."
- "Music ministry and liturgy combination, possibly chaplaincy, youth ministry and Church events."
- "I would like, in the future, to do a Masters in Marriage and Family, and work within the diocese along the lines of marriage guidance."
- "To enable me to proclaim the gospel and explain Church teaching in light of scripture and tradition in an engaging and accessible manner for our young people (youth work)."
- "Pastorally, sacramentally and personally."
- "Diaconal ministry."
- "In a pastoral ministry."
- "Not only will I use the degree for whatever ministry the Lord calls me too – but for my life as a whole – how I understand the world etc and also the benefits of the degree for my personal relationship with the Lord. Having the core teachings, the foundational truths of the Faith and skills for its transmission engrained in my heart and mind!"
Can you sum up your BDiv and Maryvale experience in a few words?
BDiv Students - July 2018
- "Overall, the degree programme has been a gift. From a young age, I have been eager to know what the Church teaches in all its richness and to be able to defend the Faith. Every single module/essay (even the tough ones!) has not only enriched my knowledge and understanding but has contributed to my personal and spiritual growth beyond words. It has been an experience of God’s Love that has also given me friends for life – who made the journey fun and enjoyable!"
- "A solid foundation of learning and teaching that formed a thorough understanding of Church teaching and provided assistance in my day to day faith and work."
- "It has been pleasurable and greatly informative and has given me the tools to transmit the faith in a holistic manner. The course has also enriched my own faith development."
- "It has been an integral formation, in that all the knowledge on the faith informs all areas of my life: my spiritual life, my human relationships, my work and my pastoral ministry."
- "This has been a fantastic journey and I have deepened my Faith beyond my expectation. Studying with Maryvale has given me confidence and the tools to faithfully echo the teachings of the Church and the experience."
- "Support from other students is extremely valuable and the tutors' guidance is excellent."
- "A wonderful experience."
- "The experience provided is very good."
Comments from FE Retreat Day (July 2018)
FE Students - July 2018
- "Loved all of the retreat, thank you for organising it. Praying with clay was sensational – delivered so expertly. It was deeply prayerful and surprised me how creative God ennobled me to be. I would love a whole day on this. The hand massage was relaxing, delivered by kind and gentle expert practitioners. Mass was beautiful. Thank you for delicious home-made food too.”
- "I finished MCC last year and would highly recommend it to others. I’m considering Health Care Chaplaincy"
- "Loved the time to pray and loved the clay prayer and also the message: 'Talking to other students'. Both my friends and I were happy with all of the day. The one to one is valuable, also the webinars are fantastic."
- "Wow, what an amazing experience! Lovely welcome, then taking part in the clay/prayer. Not what you make, but the feelings and revelations it gives you. Fantastic lunch, thank you sisters. Free time to pray and talk. Wonderful foot massage – a real crowning day. Time with the Lord & Benediction. What more could we ask? When is the next one?"
- "Both sessions were excellent. They were both peaceful and I feel calm and at peace and very relaxed. Thank you for all the information I had about the MCC assignment. It has given me hope to continue and finished the assignment."
"This has been a fantastic journey and I have deepened my Faith beyond my expectation. Studying with Maryvale has given me confidence and the tools to faithfully echo the teachings of the Church and the experience. Spread the word....."BDiv Student - May 2018
"[I most enjoyed the] sharing of experiences – knowing that the problems you have had have been exchanged by others and solutions exchanged."FE Student - March 2018 (CCHC Maryvale)
"[The sessions provided] very practical steps and thoughts."FE Student - March 2018 (CCHC Maryvale)
"[Today, I most enjoyed] sharing thoughts and ideas with other course mates, as well as Mass inclusion in the study day program."FE Student - March 2018 (CPMM, Portsmouth)
"The experience I had during my Maryvale years, of learning so many things and especially how to research, has been an indispensable foundation in order to become part of a community of professors and help teach and form our seminarians … I am very grateful for everything I learned, and the friendships formed at Maryvale."PhD in Catholic Studies Graduate - February 2018
" Completing the research programme has allowed me to become a full-time faculty member for the Franciscan University of Steubenville… I believe that the research programme at Maryvale and, in particular, the expertise and leadership of Sr. Mary Mills, has allowed me to provide well thought-out criticism and guidance to the students I serve. Mary’s critique of my work was so good that it has left, similar to the Sacrament of Holy Orders, a sort of inedible mark on me! Obtaining the doctoral degree has also helped me to gain vital credibility in growing the Institute of Catholic Theology, of which I am the director. In addition to a variety of continuing education offerings, the Institute offers local, in-person support for online graduate students in theology and catechetics in the Franciscan University online programs. I am truly appreciative for all that the Maryvale Institute has given me."PhD in Catholic Studies Graduate - February 2018
"From the beginning, I felt encouraged to step out and go beyond my own comfort zone in pursuit of a research topic I wanted to explore. I always felt that those advising me were trying to help me express what I wanted to do, not what they thought I should do. At the same time, if my ideas were untenable they said so and why. I also found that the accommodation at Maryvale was marvellous for me with my disabilities."PhD in Catholic Studies Graduate - February 2018
What were the best aspects of your programme?MA in Catholic Applied Theology Graduate - February 2018
"I really appreciated the residential weekends, especially meeting the other MA students, getting to know them and praying with them each morning and evening. I enjoyed doing the MA dissertation and the possibility of doing directed academic research on a theological topic of my choice."
Why did you choose Maryvale?
"I wanted to study theology in more depth in a tertiary programme in the UK, which I knew would be faithful to the Catholic Church's teaching."
How has your degree benefitted you personally/spiritually/professionally?
"I feel my faith has been enriched by being able to study for an MA in Maryvale. The degree has enabled me to link a number of practical initiatives aimed at evangelisation that I have been involved in to deeper theological roots and to gain a greater understanding of the history of inculturation."
"I want to say that the learning and formation I have received has been not only inspiring and of the highest quality, but has also proved invaluable already in the pastoral work [my wife] and I are undertaking, and in contributing to the Synod process and the planning for our Diocese. I am certain we will be 100% more effective in our work as a result and am therefore grateful for the opportunity I have had. I always do and will continue to speak very highly of Maryvale and recommend you to everyone who is a potential student."MA in Catholic Applied Theology Graduate - February 2018
" The weekend has been extremely useful. It helped me recognise the need to put stronger boundaries to my work/topic… The personal tutorials helped me see various avenues and options to explore further. The informal conversation and fellowship were invaluable in terms of support and motivation."MA in Catholic Applied Theology Student - February 2018
"Many thanks for offering this superb course."Ecclesiastical Licence in Catechetics Student - 2018
"I derived a sense of achievement after completing the course."Ecclesiastical Licence in Catechetics Student - 2018
"The delivery of the course was engaging and interesting/useful information. Healing!"FE Student - February 2018 (CCRS Maryvale)
"The positive and enthusiastic energy about finishing the course, and that it is doable. The help available outside learning days and study days."FE Student - February 2018 (CCRS Maryvale)
"[I enjoyed] the introduction to Church History, learning how the church(es) has evolved from the days of Paul. Discussing how to approach assignments and understanding the expectation."FE Student - February 2018 (CCRS Maryvale)
"I gained lots of insight into knowledge on my subject. [I enjoyed] meeting other students. Beautiful dinner from the sisters. Enjoyed Mass in the Chapel."FE Student - February 2018 (MCC Maryvale)
"[I gained most from] the co-ordination of knowledge and ideas making sense of theology and history. A thorough treatment."FE Student - February 2018 (MCC Maryvale)
"The whole day has been really positive and really encouraging. I have really enjoyed today. You are very inspirational and great at motivating us."FE Student - February 2018 (CPMM, Galloway)
"Very interesting and exciting course. Enjoyed everything – content, delivery, freedom to debate, thought-provoking. Wow!"MA in Catholic Applied Theology Student - February 2018
"My overall experience was very positive! It was nice to meet all you folks from the college. Welcome was warm and personal. In fact, the whole process of becoming a student (beginning from initial enquiries) went very well! Personal tone in contacts, fast feedback to enquiries and sufficient amount of information in all stages of the process, made it smooth for the applicant and build a good picture about the Institute."MA in Catholic Applied Theology Student - January 2018
"[The] Whole weekend’s been positive. Warmth, hopefulness. Excellence delivered. Course subjects have been inspirational, implanting desire. Background to course – study objectives have been delivered, inspiring confidence. All rooted in prayer and praise together. Great food"MA in Catholic Applied Theology Student - January 2018
"The very sincere and warm welcome of all staff both academic and house. It really has made a difference. The depth of faith and genuine loving service is impressive and inspiring."MA in Catholic Applied Theology Student - January 2018
"Solid teaching given with passion. Heartwarming and inspirational. Confidence-giving."MA in Catholic Applied Theology Student - January 2018
"[Dr] Stephen [Yates] laid out the whole [MA] “project” before us and the life-long journey we’re on. Gave confidence, benefit of humour, kindliness."MA in Catholic Applied Theology Student - January 2018
"Extremely accessible style of presentation, inspiring in the way the academic is infused by faith and love."MA in Catholic Applied Theology Student - January 2018
"The obvious care for our well-being and desire to help us succeed was very encouraging."MA in Catholic Applied Theology Student - January 2018
"The energy and passion! Very engaging presentation, lively and thought-provoking."MA in Catholic Applied Theology Student - January 2018
"[I liked] the manner in which essay questions were broken down to aid our response. Explanation of levels of learning."MA in Catholic Applied Theology Student - January 2018
"Very stimulating and enjoyable seminar, very well led by Ausra [Cane, STL]."Ecclesiastical Licence in Catechetics Student - January 2018
What have you found especially positive about the last study weekend?
- "The structure of the material covered was very stimulating, particularly as an introduction to this subject."
- "The discussions and networking with fellow students were delightful and also friendly relationships with staff."
- "The simple lecture format (without the need to page through coursebooks)."
- "The variety of presenters and presentations."
- "Breaking new ground into the study of philosophers who I knew nothing about.."
- "Lectures by experts in the field."
- "The introduction to the web resources and the Library."
- "The peaceful environment."
- "The friendly staff."
- "The lecturers put previous reading into context."
- "Very clearly presented and ideas explained in a way that reassured and engaged."
- "Practice tips for dealing with coursework."
- "Opportunity to use the Library."
- "Quiet study environment."
- "The peaceful and calm atmostphere and retreat, like I stepped out of normal life."
- "The lectures were useful and focused on what was needed."
What insights have you gained over the study weekend for your own philosophical development?
- "The idea of philosophy as an ongoing journey, as opposed to the complete definite answers."
- "The introduction [served] as a sort of road map, with different elements to be explained."
- "The necessity to know what it is and means to be human."
- "That there is no definitive and complete philosophy canonised by the Church."
- "That there is some valuable knowledge in every philosophy."
- "The importance of Fides et Ratio as a whole grounding for the course."
- "Philosophy is an ongoing enterprise - always new ideas - but much of it is conversation with classical ideas, e.g. metaphysics."
- "Philosophy is itself multi-disciplinary and in dialogue with other disciplines, e.g. psychology and linguistics."
BA Philosophy Students - January 2018
"The reassurance that we are all in the ‘same boat’ gives me the confidence to relax and try and get more out of the course (i.e it’s not all about the assignment). Very happy with the course so far."FE Student - January 2018 (MCC Ardagh)
"The presentation and notes supplied were both excellent. [Dr] Marie [Cooke] was fantastic and her presentation of content was very helpful, and made it seem achievable. The course books and study days, combined with extra study days in Longford all together, make it seem achievable."FE Student - January 2018 (MCC Ardagh)
"Great presentation of the booklets by [Dr] Marie [Cooke]. I have come away with the feeling that I am going to be able to complete my assignments. The day was useful in that it allows us to share our ideas….Course books are very well set out. In doing and completing assignments, I know that support is there should I need it."FE Student - January 2018 (MCC Ardagh)
"The explanation about Christology was done in an understandable manner. Loved the images of Christ – very inspiring - and the hymn … great support!"FE Student - January 2018 (MCC Ardagh)
"This was a really lovely study day and beautifully presented by Fr. Eddie. I found the material very interesting and very clearly and concisely presented. The best history lecture I have been to in a long time and with an authoritative gentleness and knowledge: I love it!"FE Student - January 2018 (MCC Cork)
"Fr Eddie was very interesting and easy to listen to…. Plenty of time for interaction during the talk. A smaller group made it easier to interact with others – get to communicate with others. It was a very good day…would love Fr. Eddie to come back again."FE Student - January 2018 (MCC Cork)
"Fr. Eddie’s love of the Bible…was really felt by many of us. He has passed on something special to me. An enjoyable and prayerful day; refreshing. Room was comfortable and a friendly atmosphere…"FE Student - January 2018 (MCC Cork)
"Lovely, relaxed positive atmosphere and good opportunities for group sharing & Q&As. Room was lovely and warm. Mass was lovely and meaningful. Thank you Fr Eddie & Fr Charlie."FE Student - January 2018 (MCC Cork)
"[I gained] Greater biblical insight, thorough Fr. Eddie’s engaging delivery."FE Student - January 2018 (MCC Cork)
"All very positive; Fr Eddie gave very interesting and interactive talks. Very open to questions and answers."FE Student - January 2018 (MCC Cork)
"I found Fr Eddie very knowledgeable and approachable. I found the [study] day very helpful and beneficial to my study."FE Student - January 2018 (MCC Cork)
"It was a fantastic enlightening [study] day and the way Fr. Eddy brought us into the Bible."FE Student - January 2018 (MCC Cork)
"Excellent delivery of content of course book. Interesting clips and video. Glad to hear that we do not need to rush to finish all the essays in the 2 years."FE Student - January 2018 (MCC Galway)
"The modules are relevant and contemporary and it really helped being able to do most of the work online, supported by face-to-face contact time through study days."Youth Ministry & School Chaplaincy Student - 2018
"The programme really helped me to explore my ministry and to develop key skills. This has helped me to further both my faith and ministry."Youth Ministry & School Chaplaincy Student - 2018
"It has inspired me to continue working with young people and ministering to them."Youth Ministry & School Chaplaincy Student - 2018
"A fantastic and well worthwhile course!FE Student - 2018 (A Catechesis on Marriage & Family)
If you are considering undertaking pastoral work in your parish in any area of Family Ministry this course is ideal by way of an introduction to Marriage and Family Life. The course provides a concrete foundation for you to work from and allows you to delve deeper into the Church’s teachings and provides opportunities to explore further in your own time.
For those already involved in parish ministry, this course, I feel, is vital. It is a great way to revisit the Church’s documents and teachings and should be part of an ongoing formation, most especially if you are involved with marriage preparation, marriage support and natural family planning. The course modules are set out in a way that allows you to pinpoint areas of interest easily and is a good reference tool for the parish ministry you may be involved with."
"I thoroughly enjoyed the course which gifted me with a much deeper understanding of the Church’s wonderful teaching on marriage and the family. Through the completion of the assignments, I was exposed to the breadth and depth of the riches to be discovered through reading the course materials and extra reading and the research that continually beckoned … and I get the distinct impression that I have only ‘dipped my toes in the water’! All this was unlocked by the very encouraging, enthusiastic and committed presenters of the two modules and the online assistance, whenever needed. It was truly a great joy and privilege to have done the course.."FE Student - 2018 (A Catechesis on Marriage & Family)
"I found the course very useful in helping me to learn about the Church’s documents that support my own beliefs and understanding of what the Church actually teaches about Marriage and Family. This was beneficial in helping me substantiate my sharing by giving people the teaching of the Church so that more people will understand the reasons for the Church’s stand on certain issues. Besides that, it has helped me to better appreciate my spouse and our children and made me more committed to spending more time with them. I am also more committed to transmitting this faith to my children because I realised that it was my parents who transmitted it to me."FE Student - 2018 (A Catechesis on Marriage & Family)
"The course was insightful and helped us understand how the Church sees the role of the family from the beginning of the Bible to the end (wedding feast of the Lamb). Understanding how our families are the domestic Church, we have tried to see how it applies to our lives. In our Church, we started a group of Catholic Watchmen and we are now going to spend time understanding further our role in the family by incorporating women in the Joseph Atkinson series on ‘building the family’."FE Student - 2018 (A Catechesis on Marriage & Family)
"[I am] grateful for all the support and the materials provided. It was a lovely journey for me (and my spouse). The course materials provided a deeper understanding of the faith I personally stand for. Holistically, it helped me to put together the simple yet ultimate truth along with my own personal life experiences and spiritual encounters. When one is connected with the Almighty and feel His guiding hand even in day-to-day mundane grinds, [I] remember to rejoice and be glad!."FE Student - 2018 (A Catechesis on Marriage & Family)
"Before, I thought of marriage – even at my age – as a case of a man and woman coming together to form a union and presenting themselves before God to bless and support them. But this course has made me understand that marriage is not all about the two people – man and woman – but [also about] the third person involved, God Himself as head of the union. This course should be a basic course for couples planning to get married so that they can understand what it is all about. It should also be taught on a regular basis to married couples."FE Student - 2018 (A Catechesis on Marriage & Family)
"I learned about the course at a time when I needed to understand the Church’s teaching on marriage and family life more. The course helped me to reach a deeper understanding of the biblical concepts and teaching in papal encyclicals. I really appreciate the insights the course has given me and feel it has helped me to develop as a mother, grandmother and catechist. Thank you!"FE Student - 2018 (A Catechesis on Marriage & Family)
"I wish I knew 20 years ago half of what I now know from the Catechesis on Marriage and Family … I would have been a different husband and father and I would have brought up my children differently..."FE Student - 2018 (A Catechesis on Marriage & Family)