The Teaching Journal for the Home, Parish and School
The Sower is the journal to keep you in touch with contemporary currents of catechesis in the heart of the Church. Its patrons are Christoph Cardinal Schönborn, editor of the Catechism, Archbishop Vincent Nichols, Archbishop Bernard Longley, Archbishop Joseph Naumann, Bishop Mark Davies and Bishop William Lori.
For nearly a century The Sower has been of help and assistance in Catholic education. We offer creative ideas and methods to give you confidence in accessing and passing on the riches of the Faith in all its holiness, beauty and integrity.
We aim to be a vital resource of inspiration, encouragement and information for all who seek to grow, and to help others to grow, in their understanding of the Word of God.
Our contributors are experienced religious educators and teachers, associated with the international Catholic college of Maryvale Institute. They are committed to helping you hand on the riches of scripture and tradition whatever your teaching situation:
- As a parent, the primary teacher of the Faith in the home.
- As a priest, deacon or catechist, passing on the Faith in the parish.
- As a teacher, working in Catholic primary and secondary schools.
- The Faith presented and explained in the light of the authentic teaching of the Church.
- Practical help for those teaching scripture, the sacraments, liturgy, morality, doctrine and prayer.
- Worksheets and photocopiable material.
- Reflective, inspiring articles on Catholic teaching.
- Relevant up-to-date research and scholarship giving best practice for teachers, priests and catechists.
- Help in planning sessions and programmes.
- Assisting you in your own formation as a teacher of the Faith
For subscribers in Europe, Africa, Asia and Australasia:
Old Oscott Hill,
or phone: +44 (0)121-360-8118 and ask for The Sower subscription department,
or click here to open an email contact form (in a new window).
Annual subscriptions: UK: £20.00; Euro zone: €32.00; Others: £28.00 (Please make cheques payable to Maryvale Institute).
(Bulk and two or three year subscription rates are available, contact as above for information)
For subscribers in the United States and Canada:
The Sower Review,
Franciscan University of Steubenville,
1235 University Blvd.,
(USA and Canada only)
Annual Individual Subscriptions:$26.00
Annual Bulk Subscriptions: 2-9 $22.00; 10-29 $19.00; 30+ $16.00
For Canada add $10.00 per subscription
Please make cheques payable to The Sower Review.
Phone orders with credit cards: 866-538-7426